Sunday School in the nave
A Harcourt tomb
St. Michael, Stanton Harcourt
Altar, screen, and chancel
Nave and chancel
Another Harcourt tomb
Painting on the screen
Maud, wife of Sir Thomas Harcourt, c. 1400
Shrine of St. Edburg
This shrine was in Bicester Priory before the dissolution of the monasteries; it was acquired by Sir James Harcourt and preserved discreetly in the church. It was made between 1294 and 1317.
Fragment of an arch
Epitaph for young lovers
An epitaph, supposedly by Alexander Pope, for a betrothed couple killed by lightning.
Chancel from the nave
Manor and Pope's Tower
Alexander Pope supposedly lived in this tower while translating the Iliad.
Bike and field
This mound was built by Sir Arthur Evans, the archeologist who excavated Knossos. Formerly it gave a good view of Oxford, but as you can see the trees have grown up around it.
This looks like it used to have swings hanging from the wings. It was at a farm that had a range of animals--deer, llamas, sheep, cattle, horses, and a pair of rheas.
Oxford is in the distant background.